This was definitely one of the longest weeks of my life. The English school system is much different than ours at home, that is for sure. Every two years the schools have inspectors come in and audit the school. I really think this is a great idea as it gives parents the chance to see how well a school is doing and to see how well their children are being taught and educated. However, preparing for this is a lot of work I must say!
I do really think we need more inspections at home in our schools. So many teachers claim to be doing their jobs and are not checked up on enough. I think this experience is good for the teacher as well as the children because it gives them a chance to say what they want to say about their school. It also gives the school a chance to improve in different areas to make the learning experience a lot better for the children.
Work rant over.
This weekend has been a busy and fun one. I went to my work Christmas Party on Friday which was a great time. Annie and I Irish danced for the entire restaurant, it's our signature at large parties. I had a great time unwinding after a busy week. Then yesterday was spent relaxing and I went out in the evening for a lovely dinner and a movie. We saw The Silver Lining Playbook. It's the new Bradley Cooper movie. It was pretty good actually.
All in all I had a wonderful weekend, it is getting very cold here, to the point where I may have to bring back an actual winter coat. The frost has been on the ground all day. I was excited for a split second when I awoke this morning, then realized it was not snow, but just frost!
I am also very happy to say it is 2 December and we can now officially listen to Christmas music! CHFI will always be my go to station! For all of you have to get through those long December work days, here is the link to their webpage where you can listen live all day and all night! I know it's what is getting me through until I am home.
CHFI online!
Roll on December 21st! I am getting more and more excited to come home and I cannot wait to have my Mama's homecoming and Harv's too! As well as sushi!!!
See you soon!
And in true Canadian fashion, I'd like to leave you with my favourite version of the 12 days of Christmas: Bob and Doug McKenzie style!
Bob and Doug McKenzie! Eh!
No comments:
Post a Comment